Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Kept Diet Secret - The Truth About Supplements

Six years ago I was married to my darling wife and friend. As a gift to me she bought me a gym membership and training sessions with a personal trainer that cost her well over of $900. This was because she knew that I had been trying for several years on my own to build a body that I could be proud of. My wife is very beautiful and I am very average looking. I couldn't tell you how many times I would be out with her, and guys and girls alike would check her out and wonder what the heck she was doing with me. It made me feel pretty small. I decided for my own confidence that I would try and get in great shape, then I could feel more comfortable being out with her.

So I did what most people do, got a gym membership, with the trainers package, bought all the shakes, bars, and supplements my trainer recommended and diligently followed his eating advice and training cycle for six months. I worked at it very hard, and followed my program exactly as it was explained. At the end of the six months, I had lost some weight, a total of 21lbs, but I was far from happy. I would still look in the mirror and see the same unshapely body that I had six months earlier. It was just smaller. I was still flabby, and still not cut, and the overall shape of my body looked weird.

Frustrated by it all, I took my woes to the Internet, to try to find more help on how to build a great physique naturally. It was completely by accident that I came across this program written by Tom Venuto. The article that caught my attention said something like 'don't waste another workout until you've read this'. I was actually about to head to the gym and was just surfing the net for new ideas on workout routines, when I saw this link on a dieting web page. I began to read captions from his program that were addressing questions that I had been asking for months. And this is the statement that really got me worked up ' . . . that 98% of all supplements are a complete waste of money'.

This is the best kept diet secret of all time. The dirty, nasty one that the big fat supplement companies hope you will never learn. Magazines with steroid using cover models weighing up to 300lbs with less than 4% body fat litter our stores. They contain massive ad campaigns about how you too can gain 20 lbs of lean muscle in weeks by taking these supplements. The truth behind the scam is that these magazines are owned and produced by the very supplement companies advertised in them. There is nothing special to a protein powder, much of the research is fabricated, and many highly paid bodybuilders who appear on the covers don't even use them. Why would they when they're already using steroids. This really upset me.

I had personally, over the last several years prior to reading this program, spent thousands of dollars on supplements, powders, pills, and other quick fix no hopes, only to be in the same spot year after year. I guess it is my own fault really, actually believing that I could get something as great as a lean physique by just popping a pill, but those ads in the magazines were always so convincing to me. I ended up reading the entire introduction page to what his program was offering, and then I purchased it, downloaded it and left for the gym.

Well, you would think my success started right then and there. I wish I could say it did. Nope. I went on plugging away at my old routines, and old diet programs for a few more months, before I saw the link again on another web page, and remembered that I'd already purchased it. Sure enough, it was still sitting there on my computer, gathering web dust.

Finally I opened the program and started to read it. I was absolutely astonished at the information in his e-book. It is a long read for a slow reader like me, but I managed to get through it in a few days. At the end of his book, I was infuriated. I was absolutely shell shocked to learn of the lies that the supplement industry tells you, the magazines tell you, and all the so-called fitness experts tell you. I was so mad that I wanted to go back to the gym and demand a refund for all the training sessions, all the protein bars, and powders, pills and other crap they were shovelling down my body. I wished that I had come across this program from the start. I would much rather have given Tom my $900 just for having the stones to tell me the truth about how to get the body I wanted. I thought of my sweet wife wasting her hard earned cash on programs and supplements she thought would help me, and it made me mad.

I began implementing his strategies and nutrition protocols immediately, and the results began to come slowly but surely. Day by day, week by week I could see the change taking place. At first it started to come off quickly, then as I got closer to my ideal weight it became harder. But at his advice I would diet a little stricter, being more honest with myself, and train a little harder.
Within six months of training with his program I lost a whopping 57lbs. I was able to reach a personal best of less than 7% body fat for a six month fat loss cycle. I looked the best I have ever looked in my life.

The greatest thing about his program is that it teaches you how to change your lifestyle, not just tell you what to eat. He reveals the scandal behind the protein industry, and what real food does for your body that no powder can. This is a program that I have followed for the last six years, and have kept the weight off effortlessly it seems.

His e-book is the most comprehensive work I have read on permanent fat loss strategies. He reveals the dieting secrets of the worlds sexiest people, what he calls the leanest people on earth, champion bodybuilders, and elite fitness models, all to some degree, follow his basic laws of nutrition. It is the best investment I have made in my body, and happened to be the cheapest. Funny, life's little ironies.

It is an excellent system in my opinion because it helped me, an average guy, get my dream body in less than a year, with just hard work and the right information. I am not a champion bodybuilder, or an elite fitness model, I just wanted to feel confident when I am out with my beautiful wife on my arm, and now I do.

To see Tom's program visit http://www.killabodz.com/

Andrew P.

No comments:

Post a Comment